Transportation Monitoring App
This Transportation Monitoring App has been put together as an effort by a team of volunteers here at Squirro.
It focuses currently on COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related restrictions for trucks across the USA. The initial version focuses on the Northeast.
The application has four sections:
- Search Dashboard to search across all data
- Monitoring Dashboard to automatically stay on top of the latest news / alerts
- Assessment Dashboard to assess a situation in a particular state
- Actual COVID-19 numbers total and by state
The application does not claim to be 'data complete'. The following caveats apply:
- Incomplete sources list; Consequence: not all restrictions picked up and displayed
- Some limitations in the data enrichment; Consequence: Some items may be tagged with the wrong labels (e.g. Washington may be associated to Washington State while it would belong to e.g. New York (George Washington Bridge)
Feedback & Acknowledgments
Please report all errors and/or suggestions for improvements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the demo we used publicly available data from the US Government, State Governments, Twitter Feeds, the New York Times COVID-19 data source. No ownership claim is made whatsoever for any of the data used.